Tuesday 4 October 2011

Leica Reel

Check out my leica reel!






Thoughts on my leica reel

Two major things

1) I am pleased with how it turned out. I think I’m heading in the right direction. With Porcelain it’s like I’m working in the dark. I feel a little lost as I battle my way through storyboards and models. But every now and again I will do something that seems right, where it think “oh yeah, this is my film!” This leica reel was one of those moments. Even though it’s nowhere close to where I want to be I can at least catch of gimps of what I hope for on the horizon.

2) The ending does not work! I had my suspicions at the storyboarding stage but decide to wait and see how it played in a time based format. It plays like a big hunk of stinky cheese! Luckily I have some idea on how to fix this problem du fromage. Thanks to a brilliant suggestion from my Senior Animation Project instructor and a helpful class critique, I am on my way to creating a much more compelling ending!


Even though Porcelain is feeling a lot like swish cheese with its plot holes and lame ending, I really feel that I need to leave the story alone. I’m feeling a little anxious having to continuously work on storyboards and my leica reel because they are currently in 2D. I really feel the best course of action at this point is to bunker down and complete all of my major CG elements so I can create a leica reel in the medium my film will be in. Working in 2D requires 2D problem solving. I don’t want to spend a lot of time editing my current leica reel only to have to recreate it in CG with a bombardment of new CG problems.

No comments:

Post a Comment